Four days and three nights: Barcelona and extension to Girona and Costa Brava
Day 1: Barcelona –Sant Sadurní d’Anoia-Barcelona
- AM: Arrival to Barcelona Airport. Meeting and transfer to Sant Sadurní d’Anoia.
- The town of Sant Sadurní d’Anoia is located in the Alt Penedés region of Catalonia, Spain. The town is situated inland, between Barcelona and Tarragona, but it is still close by the coast of the Mediterranean Sea.
- AM Visit Simón Coll Chocolate Experience.
- Simón Coll is an Artisan chocolates and candies factory since 1840 with shop and exhibition space for sightseeing.
- AM Short visit to the Historic Center
- Then lunch in the Sant Sadurní
- PM: Guided tour of the Codorniu, Gramona or other of the several historic wine and cava cellars. Visit the winery with explanation of Cava production process and including cava tasting.
- PM: Transfer to Barcelona and overnight in a hotel in Barcelona Historic Centre or surroundings.
Day 2: Barcelona La Ribera quarter and La Rambla
- AM Visit Museu Xocolata.
- AM Visit Born Cultural Centre La Ribera quarter.
- Short walk through La Ribera quarter, seeing some of the buildings dated from late Medieval times. It was a well-to-do quarter during 13th–15th centuries, when it really was by the sea shore. Notable buildings are the Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar and the palaces along Montcada street, including the Picasso Museum.
- Lunch in Barceloneta
- PM Boquería Market
- PM visit to Escribá: Famous pastry and chocolate shop located in La Rambla with spectacular Modernist/Art Nouveau façade. They make sweets, chocolates and artistic chocolates. Established in 1906.
- PM: Walk in La Rambla and visit to Granja Viader. “Granja” (Farm) Viader was established in 1870. “Farms” in Barcelona were places where customers could buy and taste fresh milk and milk related products. One of the most representative breakfasts or afternoon snacks in this places until nowadays is hot chocolate (chocolate a la taza) served with pastries (melindros, ensaimadas, carquiñolis, churros). In Granja Viader we can make a taste of them.
- PM return to hotel. Overnight in Barcelona
Day 3: Barcelona Passeig de Gràcia and Modernism/Art Noveau
- Am Passeig de Gràcia, Casa Ametller I la Pedrera. Meeting at Catalunya Square. Then walk to Passeig de Gràcia.
- Passeig de Gràcia is one of the major avenues in Barcelona and one of its most important shopping and business areas, containing several of the city’s most celebrated pieces of architecture. Two of them, related with chocolate history in Barcelona will be visited.
- Lunch in Restaurant with Cuina Catalana Brand.
- PM Free shopping time.
- PM Return to hotel. Overnight in Barcelona
- AM Barcelona-Girona-Costa Brava. Meeting at University Square in Barcelona, transfer to Girona.
- Visit Torras Chocolate Factory: Founded in 1890, Chocolates Torras is one of the oldest chocolate companies in Spain.
- AM Transfer to Tossa de Mar, Lunch in a “Cuina Tradicional tossenca” Brand restaurant.
- PM Visit Tossa de Mar
- Transfer to Barcelona Airport. End of tour
- Note: We propose offer an extra night in Tossa de Mar to be booked. It will include dinner and sleeping in Gastronomic Hotel Casa Granados. After breakfast, free day to visit village, shopping or enjoy beach. Then, transfer to Barcelona airport and end of tour.